How to Score 8+ in IELTS Writing and Speaking
IELTS is one of the most popular English tests within the world for non-native speakers. Designed to produce the takers with essential writing, speaking, listening and reading skills, it’s an impressive means that through that one will prove his/her level of English. additional significantly, it’s a tool that aboard perfecting communication proficiency also helps with immigration to AN English speaking country – a plus exhausting to ignore. this post focuses in the main on 2 key areas of the test – writing and speaking.
The IELTS test is separated into 2 varieties – IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training, that correspond to preparation for a university programme or knowledgeable communicatory organization within the initial case or working/ emigrating to AN English speaking country for the latter.
The writing section consists of 2 tasks – Task one and Task two, with twenty and forty minutes assigned to every, amounting to a complete of hr. IELTS Academic asks you to put in writing a few chart, diagram, graph or table, explaining, summarizing or discussing it in your personal vogue, whereas the second task consists of writing AN essay as a solution to a matter or purpose of read. it’s extremely recommendable to put in writing your responses in an exceedingly serious, formal vogue.
IELTS General Training will instruct you for the primary task to either justify an explicit state of affairs or write a letter, whereas for Task two AN essay are given. Here, the design is additional relaxed, as takers are allowed to put in writing in an exceedingly semi-formal vogue. However, it’s sensible to stay an explicit level of ritual, so as to not fall within the alternative direction – informality, that is undesirable, because it can price you valuable points within the assessment stage.
IELTS Writing Tips:
- Don’t come unprepared to this major test – The British Council and various web sites offer free tests or test samples. make the most of these and apply the maximum amount as you can!
- Learn to manage your time! a significant element that may assist you hugely is time management. Practice; see what proportion it takes for you to finish the given tasks and schedule your answers in such some way that they correspond to the time necessities. This way, throughout the check, you may haven’t any issues determination the tasks and can be less pressured by the cut-off date.
- Use clear formatted paragraphs; don’t repeat your concepts and ensure you concentrate to the writing system, punctuation and descriptive linguistics – you may be punished for your errors!
- don’t forgat the word count! ensure you write a minimum of one hundred fifty words for Task one and 250 for task 2! a straightforward, effective tip for obtaining AN approximate word count is writing around ten words per line. This way, you won’t have to count all the individual words to make sure you fulfilled the requirement. you simply got to count the lines – around fifteen or twenty five, depending on the task number and you’re on the right track!
- At the end, browse your production another time to visualize for errors and ensure you have got used the correct, formal type of writing. This way, you may have a plus over others who disregard this recommendation. Remember, each purpose matters!
The Speaking section consists of a discussion with AN examiner, split into 3 components, lasting a complete of eleven to fifteen minutes. The initial part (3 to five minutes) is an introduction/interview – here you’ll be asked to talk concerning your home, studies, family, job or your hobbies. half two (3-4 minutes) is named the Individual Long flip. The examiner can provide you with a card with an explicit subject – someone, object or event and you may have one minute to organize and 2-3 minutes to answer, throughout that you may solely be discovered. when you deliver your answer, some queries could follow. The Two-way discussion is the third and final half, lasting concerning 4-5 minutes, wherever you may be asked concerning one thing involving the subject on the cardboard conferred to you partially two.
IELTS Speaking tips:
- ensure you prepare beforehand for half one, as a solid introduction may be favorable in your interviewer’s eyes. it’s conjointly a symptom of confidence and self management, thus don’t neglect it!
- Read and improve your range of vocabulary. This and also the coherence of your concepts can weigh heavily within the assessment stage.
- browse and improve your vary of vocabulary. The additional various and wealthy it it, the higher are your possibilities of acing the test!
- Ask a friend to listen to your pronunciation. Is it clear and natural? Make sure you don’t over emphasize sounds and focus on the correct and recommended pronunciation. If needed, take a lexicon and appearance however the word in question is written phonetically.
- Learn to relax and have a assured perspective. don’t prepare answers from home; your examiner would possibly notice and modify the question.
- attempt to speak additional that the enquirer will and gift your answers in an exceedingly clear structure, while not going wide from the subject.
If you follow the higher than given tips and apply as exhausting as you’ll, the results can show. Be assured, give all you’ve got and in no time, you may be holding a IELTS high bands score card in your hands!
The IELTS Academy was based in 2002, at first as a serving to centre for IELTS preparation for candidates going abroad, we’ve got full-grown into AN elite institute in urban center impartation numerous career bound trainings and overseas placement. we have a tendency to are nodal agents for nation Council and integrated data processing Australia for IELTS exam.
Apart from IELTS, we have a tendency to are giving coaching in Business English and specialised training for nurses / medical professionals for numerous Licensing exams together with HAAD, MOH/MOD, SCH, SCHS, DOH, NCLEX/RN, etc.
We offer intensive IELTS Coaching in Gurgaon, IELTS Coaching in Chandigarh, IELTS Classes in Delhi for the higher than licensing exams, assist in ielts test registration the communicating and also assist in placement of self-made candidates particularly in numerous countries.
How to Score High in IELTS Writing | How to Score High in IELTS Speaking